GIS Web Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Tesla Government Inc. is seeking a talented and experienced GIS Web Technician to help us administer, troubleshoot, and deploy web applications and GIS solutions in a custom software environment. Our GIS team consists of individuals who are talented at finding solutions to unique problems, who can work independently as well as in a team, who are skilled in multiple areas of geography, cartography, and automation, and who enjoy tackling different challenges every day. We are looking for an adaptive, fast-learning, multifaceted, and enthusiastic individual who can bring their skills and dedication to round out and expand this team.
The place of work is in the Vienna/Tysons Corner area and is Metro accessible on the Silver Line (Springhill Metro).
- Collaborate and coordinate with a diverse team of GIS Analysts, content specialists, and developers to find solutions for integrating, maintaining, and deploying client-facing GIS products
- Develop customized applications and geospatial products to increase productivity, generate reports, and improve contextual understanding of complex problem sets
- Provide advanced technical support to GIS, support teams, and clients
- Develop, deploy, administer, and maintain web-based GIS applications and solutions
- Support training and skills transfer for other members of the team
- Research and identify open source and commercial resources to augment and improve GIS offerings
- Apply intelligent troubleshooting methods to quickly recognize and capture technical problems and to provide timely solutions
- Administer and troubleshoot GIS web-based software
- 4-6 years of education and work history in GIS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, GIS, geography, or a related field
- Proven experience designing, developing, managing, and maintaining web mapping applications using ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online and/or other competing open source GIS software solutions
- Strong organizational skills with GIS data management
- Ability to effectively exploit and configure software
- Capacity to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Established troubleshooting skills and patience when facing complex problems with imminent deadlines
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- U.S citizen, eligible for a government security clearance (No clearance needed to start)
Additional Highly Desirable Skillsets:
- Strong understanding of various server configurations and virtual environments
- Applied knowledge administering ArcGIS Enterprise (installing, updating, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, and repairing)
- Skilled at geospatial and non-geospatial database query and management (PostgreSQL, PostGIS, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with cloud GIS
- Expertise automating system administration tasks
- Esri Certifications a plus
Your cover letter should include:
- A brief description of a technical GIS web mapping project you have worked on, your role, and the outcome.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled