Linux System Administrator/DevOps
Employment Type: Full-time
Tesla Government Inc. (that’s us) is seeking a talented Linux System Administrator/DevOps to help us deploy our brilliant software. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an insatiable curiosity, dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly growing company.
The place of work is in the Vienna/Tysons Corner area and is Metro accessible on the Silver Line (Springhill Metro).
Why would you want to work for Tesla? (Not the car company, the other one.) It’s a really good place to work. We make cool stuff that people really use; some of them even like it.
We work hard, but we don’t work to death. We understand inspiration doesn’t work on a time table. We’re a small company, so we can do things the right way.
We give our people 4% matching on 401k contributions, health, decent salaries, and free snacks. We’ll set you up with a top of the line MacBook Pro and 2 huge monitors. If you don’t have a car, no big deal; we’re close to Metro and bike trails. And we have showers if you ride your bike.
Our dev team is good and tight. We work closely, so you need to be on site.
- Script/automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability.
- manage system monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk, AWS tools such as CloudWatch and SNS, solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions.
- Work with AWS tools, services and API’s such as Lambda, IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, Security groups, EBS, etc. to improve efficiency on daily Operations tasks in an integrated mixed Windows and Linux environment.
- Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), prepare and build Red Hat RPM packages and implement Yum archives, work with Agile development process and common tools such as Git, Jira, and Jenkins, DevOps tools such as ansible.
- Manage Java and Apache Tomcat, PHP and Apache Httpd, work with Nginx, and other technologies and tools such as OpenVPN, and WireShark.
- 2+ years of experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role is required, ideally in a startup or fast-growing company.
- Hands on experience with managing/administering Linux systems
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering Linux systems, dealing with networking issues (TCP, UDP, SSL, certificates, firewalls, proxies, and reverse proxies), and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
- Experience in virtualization/container (KVM, VMWare, Docker, etc).
- Experience using basic networking skills to troubleshoot network issues
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions.
- Battle-proven, real-life experience in running a production operation.
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Experience with system monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk
- Familiarity with operations like backups, restores, and access management.
- Familiarity with release and configuration management (Subversion, Git).
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should include:
• The words “I am a US Citizen and I am ok with getting a clearance.”
• A brief (one paragraph) description of a DevOps project you have worked on, your role, and the outcome.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled