Conflict Tracker – Eastern Europe
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Falls Church, VA or remote within the US
The Role: Tesla Government Inc seeks a Conflict Tracker who will focus on Eastern Europe in-depth research and data collection.
Periodic in-office work may be expected, but the majority of your time will be remote. Physical office space is in the Falls Church area, Metro accessible on the Orange Line (East Falls Church Metro).
About Us: Tesla Government Inc. (no affiliation with the automotive company) is a rapidly growing small business, located in Falls Church, Virginia. Founded in 2009, Tesla Government’s initiatives are designed to improve how government agencies manage and share information internally while extending to other government agencies and external partners. With decades of federal, military, and NGO experience, our proven agile approach delivers results and impactful solutions within a swift timeframe. Our metrics- driven approach and focus on performance reduces risk and ensures rapid adoption and project success.
For government compliance purposes, an Apple MacBook Pro will be provided for the duration of the contractor’s engagement.
Position Summary: Conflict Trackers collect data from social media, foreign language media, and other sources. The Conflict Tracker will also support other research efforts, helping find information on unfolding events
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and Data Compilations (70%)
- Research English and foreign language media reporting and social media to compile datasets
- Work with research specialists to develop team and user situational awareness of developments in the region
- Establish and Maintain Data Standards and Collection Techniques (20%)
- Coordinate projects with research specialists to tailor data to user information needs
- Update and maintain data structures so they continuously evolve to address the realities of the environment and meet the information needs of the data consumers
- Support Automated Data Collection Efforts (10%)
- Identify opportunities for the scripting team to automate data extraction and implementation of AI and ML techniques
- Fluency in English and Proficiency in Russian
- Educational or work experience in international affairs or a related field
- US citizen
- Familiarity with the military and political situation in Eastern Europe
- Familiarity with Eastern Europe media and social media landscape
- Knowledge and experience using Python
To apply to this position, please submit:
- A resume
- A cover letter
Salary Range: The salary range for this role takes into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Tesla, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $50-55k.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Tesla Government adheres to a policy of employment-at-will which allows either party to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.