Job title: Content Data Specialist – Africa
Employment type: 1099 – Temporary (One Year)
Tesla Government Inc. (Tesla) seeks a Data Specialist who will help maintain and improve the quality of our program’s in-depth reporting and develop ways to more effectively generate and maintain datasets.
Remote work is permitted during the pandemic. Physical office space is in Falls Church, VA. Long-term remote work will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Tesla is a rapidly growing small business that contracts with the US government to provide research and information management services and technical platforms. Tesla takes a “quality over quantity” approach, working to ensure that we provide exemplary service to our customers that is rooted in hiring exemplary staff.
Data Specialists support a platform tailored to meet the information needs of government and military users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (proportional breakdowns of responsibilities fluctuate):
- Data and Content Standardization and Processing (60%)
- Implement changes to data and content, ensuring consistency and adherence to established standards
- Manage extensive compilations of reports to enable users to readily discover information
- Constantly find new ways to better relay information, leveraging visualizations and breaking up text
- Automation Support (20%)
- Develop knowledge and experience with Python
- Develop custom scripts to automate data extraction and cleaning
- Research & Writing (20%)
- Respond to user information needs by developing reports from open source research and official reporting
- Continuously review and revamp previously composed reports so that they maintain applicability and are of premium quality
- Other Duties, as Assigned
Attributes of a Successful Data Specialist:
- Be technically savvy and have the ability and willingness to learn various computer and web-based applications
- Have a keen sense of how to discover hard-to-find information
- Have a mindset to organize complex information in an easily navigable way
- Be willing to take on long-term projects and repetitive tasks of standardization and data processing
- Ability to create engaging written, graphical, and multimedia content
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Knowledge of Python
- Undergraduate degree or military experience
- US Citizen and eligible for a security clearance
- Foreign language skills, especially French, Arabic, Chinese, Amharic, Portugese, Swahili and other languages relevant for working on Africa
- Experience studying or working on international conflict, humanitarian, and/or governance issues
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.