Job Title: Content Data Specialist, Area Studies/International Relations
Employment Type: Temporary, Part Time (20 hours/week)
Tesla Government, Inc. seeks a Content Data Specialist (CDS) to support a high-impact federal program with an active and growing user base. The CDS will be located in the editing team and will perform manual data cleaning and other detail-oriented tasks to improve UX and ensure program quality. It has an immediate start date and is expected to last three months, with the possibility of extension.
Periodic in-office work may be expected, but the majority of your time will be remote. Physical office space is in the Falls Church area, Metro accessible on the Orange Line (East Falls Church Metro).
Essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Standardize online articles, data, maps, and multimedia products
- Review product and file tags and fix incorrect tags
- Identify features that would benefit from standardization and propose effective standardization solutions
- Find missing data and solve data access problems (e.g. fix broken links; reformat and upload corrupt files)
- US citizenship
- A bachelor’s degree or military experience
- Experience with MS Excel and/or other databases
- Ability to read with accuracy
- Ability to learn new software
- Capacity to understand both the parts and the whole of a program
- A curiosity that can pursue problems until their solutions are found but that also recognizes the point of diminishing returns
- A positive attitude toward teamwork
- A record of independently completing complex tasks
- A degree/coursework in writing, data management, international studies, knowledge management, GIS, or a related field
- Experience working with the federal government or the military
- Knowledge of a second language
- International experience
Benefits and incentives:
- Flexible daytime (Eastern Time Zone) hours
- Collaborative, supportive, and innovative company culture
- Your resume
- A cover letter of 250 words or fewer that provides information not found in your resume on your qualifications, your interest in this position, or both
- A short (2–5 page) writing sample
- A recent news article or analysis piece on Iran that you a) think would be of interest to a government audience and b) find particularly well researched and well written
We do not use software to scan your application for terms matching this posting. Tesla Government, Inc. staff will review your application at all stages, so prepare your materials accordingly.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Tesla Government adheres to a policy of employment-at-will which allows either party to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.