Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Falls Church, VA or remote with the U.S. (no Hawaii or Alaska)
The Role: Tesla Government Inc. is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to help us deploy our brilliant software. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an insatiable curiosity, dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly growing company.
About Us: Tesla Government Inc. (no affiliation with the automotive company) is a rapidly growing small business, located in Falls Church, Virginia. Founded in 2009, Tesla Government’s initiatives are designed to improve how government agencies manage and share information internally while extending to other government agencies and external partners. With decades of federal, military, and NGO experience, our proven agile approach delivers results and impactful solutions within a swift timeframe. Our metrics- driven approach and focus on performance reduces risk and ensures rapid adoption and project success.
We offer Flex PTO, flexible work schedule, health benefits, 4% matching on 401k contributions, competitive compensation, work from home (telework), and an Apple MacBook Pro. We have a friendly, active work environment, and our projects make a difference.
Position Summary: This position provides DevOps support and works with a team of four team members along with the Team Lead. This position is vital to the success of operations and improvement of automated solutions using the latest in software tools and technologies.
- Script/automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability.
- Manage system monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk, AWS services such as CloudWatch and SNS, solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions.
- Work with AWS tools, services, and APIs such as Lambda, IAM, EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, VPC, Security Groups, EBS, etc. to improve efficiency on daily Operations tasks in an integrated heavily Linux environment (with some Windows resources as well)..
- Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), prepare and build Red Hat RPM packages and implement Yum repositories, work within an agile development environment and use common tools such as Git, Jira, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Manage Java and Apache Tomcat services, work with NGINX, and other technologies and tools such as OpenVPN, and WireShark.
- Computer Science degree (Architect, Operations, Developer) or 8+ years of Devops experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering / DevOps role is required, ideally for a fast-growing company.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with managing/administering Linux systems.
- 3+ years as a Software Developer with Terraform and Ansible programming experience.
- Adept at troubleshooting Linux systems, dealing with networking issues (TCP, UDP, SSL certificates, firewalls, proxies, and reverse proxies), and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
- Experience in virtualization/container (Docker, OpenShift, etc).
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to solve operational issues by engineering automated solutions.
- Experience with system monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk, Nagios and Prometheus.
- Familiarity with operations activities such as backups, restores, and access management.
- Familiarity with release and configuration management (GitHub, Gitlab).
- US Citizenship
- 2+ years of AWS cloud experience.
- Exceptional networking skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration.
- Project management experience.
Salary: The wage range for this role takes into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Tesla, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $120-140k.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Tesla Government adheres to a policy of employment-at-will which allows either party to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.