Job Title: Full-Stack Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
Tesla Government is looking for a motivated full-stack developer who is comfortable working with Typescript and React on the frontend and with Java and Spring on the backend. The ideal candidate will be happy to work on both frontend and backend tasks which vary in complexity, be open to feedback from their teammates, be eager to improve their skills and grow as a developer, and will understand the importance of writing high-quality, well-tested, clean code.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Self-select tasks to work on based on priority
- Develop solutions efficiently and with a close eye to code cleanliness, testability, maintainability, etc. — all code changes are reviewed by the team to ensure top quality
- Perform code reviews on pull requests
- Develop frontend fixes and new features using Typescript and React
- Develop backend fixes and new features using Java, Spring Boot, and Hibernate
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies e.g. daily standups, sprint planning meetings, and retrospectives
- Must be a US Citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of database design best practices
- At least 2 years of experience with these technologies
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience writing SQL queries (HQL)
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux (bash/shell)
- Experience with microservice architecture and Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Familiarity with IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code, etc.
- Contributions to open source projects
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled