Linux System Administrator/DevOps
Employment Type: Full Time
Tesla Government Inc. is seeking a talented Linux System Administrator/DevOps Engineer to help us deploy our brilliant software. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an insatiable curiosity, dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly growing company.
- Script/automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability.
- Manage system monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk, AWS tools such as CloudWatch and SNS, solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions.
- Work with AWS tools, services and API’s such as Lambda, IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, Security groups, EBS, etc. to improve efficiency on daily Operations tasks in an integrated mixed Windows and Linux environment.
- Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), prepare and build Red Hat RPM packages and implement Yum archives, work with Agile development process and common tools such as Git, Jira, and Jenkins, DevOps tools such as ansible.
- Manage Java and Apache Tomcat, PHP and Apache Httpd, work with Nginx, and other technologies and tools such as OpenVPN, and WireShark.
- Computer Science degree (Architect, Operations, Developer)
- 3+ years of experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role is required, ideally in a startup or fast-growing company.
- 3+ years Hands on experience with managing/administering Linux systems
- 3+ years as a Software Developer with Terraform and Ansible programing experience
- 2+ years AWS cloud experience (preferred)
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering Linux systems, dealing with networking issues (TCP, UDP, SSL certificates, firewalls, proxies, and reverse proxies), and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
- Experience in virtualization/container (KVM, VMWare, Docker, etc).
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Experience in networking skills is a big plus
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions.
- Experience with system monitoring and alerting tools such as Splunk and Nagios
- Familiarity with operations like backups, restores, and access management.
- Familiarity with release and configuration management (Subversion, Git).
- Project management experience
- Experience in networking
- US Citizenship
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled