Job title: Korea Research Analyst
Employment type: 1099 – Temporary (30 days)
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with insatiable curiosity, dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly growing company. We need individuals to join a new team on a project to research and identify North Korean infrastructure points, translate information into English, and build out a dataset of this information. The ideal candidate will have expertise on North Korean language and culture, and be comfortable working with technology.
Research Associates conduct research in North Korean media to identify key infrastructure across the country. They will work as part of a team to scrap different media from Korean language sources, identify key infrastructure points, translate it into English, and assign a location to the infrastructure. Research Associates will develop a large dataset immediately upon contract initiation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Work at the direction of a Project Manager to review Korean media sources, identify key infrastructure, and translate information from Korean to English.
- Assist in identifying and scraping Korean media sources.
- Assign a geographic location as precisely as possible, at the admin level 1, 2, or 3 level.
- Research infrastructure points, compile data, categorize data points, and collate data into a larger data set.
- Advanced level of proficiency in written and spoken Korean language with ability to translate information into English.
- Familiarity with North Korean geography and culture.
- Comfortable working CSV files or other structured data formats.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Study or work experience in Korea.
- Knowledge and experience using Python.
- Knowledge and experience leveraging machine language translation tools.
- Experience leading a project; CAPM or PMP qualification preferred.
- Familiarity with geospatial information systems.
- Responsive, positive, can-do attitude.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled