Job Title: Product Owner
Employment Type: Full Time
The Product Owner oversees the development of products from start to finish to ensure they meet the clients’ needs and preferences. Their main duties include determining the overall vision of products, managing various backlog items, and deciding which features each product will have according to clients’ preferences.
Additionally, the Product Owner will manage the product development process. They’ll research and determine the clients’ needs to determine which features to include on products and will pitch ideas for product features to stakeholders. Product Owners will then continue to act as the primary contact between the scrum master and product development departments and stakeholders.
They’ll collaborate closely with both the scrum master and development team to ensure the products meet specific objectives as outlined by stakeholders and clients. After product completion, the Product Owner will conduct a final review and submit their approval before releasing the product to clients.
Tesla Government is a small team looking for an experienced Product Owner who is looking for a challenge. The Product Owner would be someone who is interested in opening and developing a comprehensive product vision and strategy for our flagship knowledge management platform used extensively by the DoD, State Department, and other civilian agencies and their partner organizations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborating with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Defining the vision for the team’s product
- Creating a product road map based on this vision
- Managing the product backlog and prioritizing them based on changing requirements
- Overseeing all stages of product creation including design and development
- Developing user stories
- Monitoring and evaluating product progress at each stage of the process
- Participating in Scrum meetings and product sprints
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be a US citizen and eligible for a security clearance
- Minimum one year as Product Owner or similar role
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) and/or Certified SAFe Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology
- Working knowledge of product development architecture
- Proficiency in the use of analytic tools
- Experience operating in an agile environment, preferably Scrum
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with teams
- Understanding of design quality standards
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Must be able to to meet deadlines, timelines and measure progress during development
- Prior experience supporting products for government agencies
Tesla offers Flex PTO, flexible work schedule, health benefits, 4% matching on 401k contributions, competitive compensation, and work from home (telework). We have a friendly, active environment, and our projects make a difference.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.