Job title: Research Specialist – Europe
Employment type: Full-time
Tesla Government Inc seeks a Research Specialist who will focus on Russia and Eastern Europe matters for our Europe Team to support in-depth research, basic python script development, report writing, user relationship management, and knowledge and information management.
Remote work is permitted during the pandemic and longer-term remote employees may be considered. Physical office space, Metro accessible on the Orange Line (East Falls Church Metro), is in the Falls Church, Virginia area.
About Tesla Government Inc.:
Tesla is a rapidly growing small business that contracts with the US government to provide research and information management services and technical platforms. Tesla takes a “quality over quantity” approach, working to ensure that we provide exemplary service to our customers. This approach begins with hiring excellent staff.
We look for all-stars and we treat them accordingly. Tesla employees have leeway in being able to work remotely and have flex-time—not consistently having to meet an arbitrary 40 hrs/wk requirement. We have a strong team atmosphere and love providing fun opportunities like Friday Trivia (come prepared, our staff whips out all their esoteric knowledge).
Research Specialists work with government and military users to help meet those users’ information needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (proportional breakdowns of responsibilities vary):
- Research, Writing, & Scripting (55%)
- Respond to user information needs by developing reports from open source research, automated extractions, and official reporting
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate existing workflows and projects, particularly data extraction and compilation
- Identify key emerging topics in the region and take the initiative to develop reports on the topics in advance of user requests
- Continuously review and revamp previously composed reports so that they maintain applicability and are of premium quality.
- User Relationship Management (30%)
- Interact with government users in-person, over the phone, and through email to build and maintain relationships
- Provide virtual or in-person briefings to users on key evolving topics
- Provide trainings to users on navigating and leveraging online platforms and collaboration tools.
- Identify, suggest, and execute key information-sharing initiatives that provide value to government and military organizations.
- Knowledge Management (15%)
- Help users manage their information, organizing it in an intuitive manner
- Manage extensive compilations of reports to enable users to readily discover information
- Constantly find new ways to better relay information, leveraging visualizations and breaking up text
- Other Duties, as Assigned
Attributes of a Successful Research Specialist:
- Have a keen sense on how to discover hard-to-find information
- Have a mindset to organize complex information in an easily navigable way
- Ability to create engaging written, graphical, and multimedia content
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Be technically savvy and have the ability and willingness to learn various computer and web-based applications
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Undergraduate degree or military experience
- Scripting language knowledge and experience
- Experience studying or working on international affairs topics
- US Citizen eligible for a security clearance
- Russian language knowledge
- Study or work experience in the Eastern Europe
- Work or internship experience with the military or federal government (such as the State Department, USAID, or other federal agencies).
- Experience facilitating collaboration between multiple stakeholder organizations. To apply, please submit resume and cover letter.Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled