Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Tesla Government Inc. is seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer to help us deploy our brilliant software. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an insatiable curiosity, dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly growing company.
- Script/automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability.
- Write software to manage infrastructure-as-code and system-configuration-as-code
- Respond to system monitoring alerts and troubleshoot outages
- Work with AWS tools, services and APIs such as Lambda, IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, Security groups, EBS, etc. to improve efficiency on daily Operations tasks in an integrated mixed Windows and Linux environment.
- Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), prepare and build Red Hat RPM packages and implement Yum archives, work with Agile development process and common tools such as Git, Jira, and Jenkins, DevOps tools such as Ansible.
- Manage Java services, Apache Tomcat, PHP and Apache Httpd,Nginx, and OpenVPN.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering major
- 3+ years as a Software Developer in a high-level language such as Python, Perl or Java
- 1+ years Terraform (preferred) or AWS CloudFormation experience
- Adept at troubleshooting and administering Linux systems, dealing with networking issues (TCP, UDP, SSL certificates, firewalls, proxies, and reverse proxies, Wireshark and tcpdump), and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
- Bourne shell or other scripting capabilities
- 2+ years of experience with Ansible (preferred) or similar tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Familiarity with release and configuration management in GitHub (preferred) or Subversion.
- Experience in complex AWS networking debugging is a big plus
- Ability to solve operational issues through engineering automated solutions.
- Familiarity with operations like backups, restores, and access management.
- Experience in virtualization/container (KVM, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience with system monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Splunk, or Cloudwatch
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail ofcmgr@teslagovernment or call 703.942.6930.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled