Job Title: Test Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tesla Government Inc. is seeking a talented software tester to help us test and improve our software. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an insatiable curiosity, dedication to quality, and a desire to be part of a rapidly growing company.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is excited to work on and help improve a software platform which informs important decisions around the globe.
- Participate in team meetings, planning, retrospectives, and design sessions to validate requirements and infuse testing needs.
- Write/review user stories.
- Create and maintain an automated UI test suite using Selenium and Java.
- Perform testing to ensure the application is free of defects and meets customer business needs.
- Perform verification and regression tests every release.
- Generate defects for issues uncovered during testing.
- Write test cases and scripts and identify data for test scenarios.
- Maintain and establish test data.
- Assist the development team in debugging and reproducing reported issues.
- Apply problem solving and analytical skills to characterize and diagnose complex issues.
- 1+ years of experience in a software development environment as a tester with expertise in QA processes.
- Excellent testing skills and knowledge of test planning, processes and execution with the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the software development life cycle and quality processes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Knowledge in ticket tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge in automated test tools such as Selenium.
- Experience in writing automated tests in Java or other programming languages.
- Skills in issue identification, documentation, tracking and resolution.
- Excellent communication (oral and written + documentation) skills.
- Excellent attendance and work history.
- Knowledge of Jenkins and JMeter is a plus.
- Knowledge of load testing tools is a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should include:
- The words “I am a US Citizen and I am ok with getting a clearance.”
- A brief (one paragraph) description of a previous project you have worked on, your role, and the outcome.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.