Position: Training and Outreach Specialist
Employment Type: Full time
Tesla Government, Inc. seeks a training and outreach specialist who will engage, train, and support clients and other Tesla staff.
Remote work is permitted during the pandemic. Physical office space—Metro accessible on the Orange and Silver Line (East Falls Church)—is also provided in the Falls Church area.
Tesla is a rapidly growing small business that offers research, information management services, and technical solutions to the US Government. Tesla takes a “quality over quantity” approach, working to ensure that we provide exemplary service to our customers. This approach begins with hiring excellent staff.
We look for all-stars and we treat them accordingly. Tesla employees have leeway in being able to work remotely and have flex-time—not consistently having to meet an arbitrary 40 hrs/wk requirement. We have a strong team atmosphere and love providing fun opportunities like Trivia (come prepared, our staff whips out all their esoteric knowledge).
Training and outreach specialists directly assist with and often lead training events, as well as develop training materials. They are central to building relationships with clients through the development of e-learning and informational materials, email communications, and in-person or virtual events. They will assist in the development of self guided learning materials and content, including training videos, presentations, and interactive web pages. They are also the first line of response for client questions.
45 percent travel may be required to visit customers within the greater DMV area as well as within the continental United States, once we can travel safely again.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with government clients in person, over the phone, and through email to build and maintain relationships
- Identify and connect clients that could benefit from a mutual relationship
- Keep customer relationship management (CRM) platform up to date
- Use email service platform (ESP) to deliver email marketing campaigns to customers
- Manage account access to Tesla’s technical solutions
- Create informational and promotional videos
- Become an expert on all aspects of Tesla’s technical solutions to ensure proper training is given to clients
- Develop and build a training program under the direction of the director of training and outreach
- Provide general virtual and in-person training at varying lengths as well as custom trainings tailored to specific government clients
- Create e-learning and other self-guided help training materials
- Keep training materials updated as technical capabilities are updated
- Answer clients’ technical questions and requests for support
- Troubleshoot with clients
- Identify bugs and suggest user interface improvements
Attributes of a Successful Training and Outreach Specialist:
- Problem solver
- Ability to execute high-value projects with little supervision
- Works well under pressure and with short deadlines
- Interpersonal skills that allow effective interaction with personnel at all levels of US and foreign governments
- Ability to create engaging written content, graphics, and multimedia
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Technical savvy—the ability and willingness to learn various computer and web-based applications
- Comfortable briefing government officials at all levels
- Develop and document new and better ways to get stuff done
- Demonstrated experience leading, developing, and supporting trainings
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of an ESP, such as MailChimp, SendGrid, or others
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM platforms, such as Insightly
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience creating training materials in different formats, to include PowerPoints
- US Citizen eligible for a security clearance
- Fluent in English
- Either a Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of government/military experience
- Work experience or knowledge of the US military or federal government (such as the State Department, USAID, or other federal agencies)
- Experience creating and/or editing e-learning videos
- Experience with customer service platforms like Zendesk
- Previous or active clearance
- Foreign language proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of government/military experience
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio sample. In your cover letter, specify your citizenship and indicate whether you are, to the best of your knowledge, eligible for a security clearance. The portfolio sample can include anything from a training video, mass email campaign, poster, presentation, brief, or anything else you think would be relevant.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled