Job Title: Web GIS Analyst
Employment Type: Contract – 1099
Tesla Government Inc. is seeking a talented and experienced Web GIS expert to help us administer, troubleshoot, and deploy web applications and GIS solutions on the ArcGIS Enterprise platform in a custom software environment.
The majority of work will be remote with periodic in-office visits. Physical office space is in the Falls Church area, Metro accessible on the Orange and Silver Lines (East Falls Church Metro).
Applicants outside of the Northern Virginia area may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
About Tesla Government Inc.:
Tesla is a rapidly growing small business that contracts with the US government to provide research and information management services and technical platforms. Tesla takes a “quality over quantity” approach, working to ensure that we provide exemplary service to our customers. This approach begins with hiring excellent staff.
Our GIS team consists of individuals who are flexible and talented at finding solutions to unique problems, who can work independently as well as in a team, who are skilled in multiple areas of geography, GIS, scripting, cartography, and automation, and who enjoy tackling different challenges every day. We are looking for an adaptive, fast learning, multifaceted, and enthusiastic individual with a dedication to quality who can utilize their skills to round out and expand our team.
- Collaborate and coordinate with a diverse team of GIS Analysts, content specialists, and developers to build and deploy client-facing GIS products
- Provide advanced technical support and training to GIS, support teams, and clients
- Develop, deploy, administer, and maintain web-based GIS applications and solutions
- Research and identify open source and commercial resources to augment and improve GIS offerings
- Apply intelligent troubleshooting methods to quickly recognize and capture technical problems and to provide timely solutions
- Administer and troubleshoot GIS web-based software
- Maintain clear and prompt communication in a remote work environment
- 4-6 years of education and work history in web-based GIS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, GIS, geography, or a related field
- Proven experience designing, developing, managing, and maintaining web mapping applications using ArcGIS Enterprise and/or ArcGIS Online
- Excellent GIS data management (metadata) skills
- Ability to exploit and configure software
- Capacity to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Established troubleshooting skills and patience when facing complex problems with imminent deadlines
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- U.S citizen, eligible for a government security clearance (No clearance needed to start)
Additional Highly Desirable Skill Sets:
- Applied knowledge administering ArcGIS Enterprise (installing, updating, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, and repairing) especially in Linux environments
- Skilled geospatial and non-geospatial database query and management experience (PostgreSQL, PostGIS, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud GIS
- Expertise automating system administration tasks
- Professional experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Esri Certifications a plus
Your cover letter should include:
- The words “I am a US Citizen and I am ok with getting a clearance.”
- A brief description of a technical GIS web mapping project you have worked on, your role, and the outcome.
Tesla Government Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or on the basis of disability.